Referees in Richmond Youth Soccer
It is vital that Richmond discover and train new referees. Anyone interested in becoming a referee should contact the Head Referee, who arranges courses for mini-soccer referees (minimum age 12 years) and 11-a-side game referees (minimum age 14 years) as required, at least annually.
Referees for the Select League are organized by the League itself. Referees for all other games from Under 11 to Under 18 are arranged by the District Referee Scheduler. The Clubs are responsible for providing referees for mini-soccer. The District Head Referee is responsible for the quality of refereeing in the District.
The referee is in charge of the game. This includes before, during and after play. Team officials are responsible for the conduct of their supporters, and will be held responsible for their conduct. Team officials are subject to ejection and penalty if their team’s supporters behave inappropriately.
The Association strongly encourages its players and officials not to dissent with referees, whose judgement of facts of the game are final. Neither players, officials nor others should argue or dispute calls with the referee during or after the game. In the event that a team official is unhappy with the standard of refereeing in any game, comments should be addressed to the Head Referee, in writing.
Coaches – To provide feedback to the Head Referee about referees, please use this form:
Referees – To provide feedback about games, teams or coaches, please use our club forms below:
Co-Referee Development Co-ordinator and Head Referee
UPCOMING REFEREE COURSES
Questions/problems registering need to be directed to BC Soccer – this is their registration system, not Richmond Soccer.
Small-Sided Referee (must be 12 by October 12, 2015 – NO EXCEPTIONS)
-one day course, Monday October 12 2015
- 8:30am- 430pm at Thompson Community Center
- as this is a private course, please contact the RFC Administrator for the password
- cost: $44.25
Entry Level/Youth Referee (must be 14 by August 21, 2015 – NO EXCEPTIONS)
- three day course August 21-23, must attend all 3 sessions
- all sessions at Thompson Community Center
- please bring all food and beverages with you as there are no eateries close by
- Friday August 21 2015 500-900pm
- Saturday August 22 2015 830am-500pm
- Sunday August 23 2015 830am-400pm
- cost: $129.25
- this course is open to participants outside of Richmond and does not require a private code to register
Referee Refresher Course (must be take by all Entry/Youth referees and higher on an annual basis)
August 24 515-815pm
September 8 515-815pm
September 23 515-815pm
October 1 515-815pm
October 8 515-815pm
There is no charge for the Refresher course. You only need to attend ONE session. All Refresher courses are at Thompson Community Centre.
Richmond referees are appointed to matches in the following six leagues/groups, all of which have their own(and different) version of guidelines.
These guidelines relate to the operating rules for the leagues and also include data necessary for discipline reporting.
- U11 8-a-side league – boys and girls
- U12 8-a-side league – boys and girls
- U13 to U18 4 District League - boys league
- U13 to U18 BCCGSL - girls league
- U13 to U18 MSL girls and boys metro select league
It is part of the referee’s duty to be aware of these guidelines