This one day a week (Friday) skill development program is for players born 2015-2005 that are interested in further development opportunities beyond Richmond FC’s team-based programming. As a Canada Soccer Quality Soccer Provider, all programming aligns with the CSA Long Term Player Development (LTPD) model and players will be grouped with an emphasis on extending and supporting the player’s stage of development. There will be an emphasis on individual and small group development, using deliberate practice to develop soccer and physical literacy skills.
The Development Academy will be led by Richmond FC Technical Director, David Thorburn and LTPD Manager, Scott Guy.
Players will be divided up by age and skill level.
• Ball Mastery – Exercises where each player will work alone with a ball, High repetitions using parts of the body.
• Speed – Exercises and games that improve acceleration, running with and without the ball and changes of pace.
• Receiving and Passing – Exercises to improve a player’s first touch, so important at all levels and to encourage and teach accurate creative passing.
• Finishing – Exercises and games that teach technique and encourage instinctive play.
• Moves (1v1) – Exercises and games that teach game winning individual moves that can create space amongst the most packed of defences.
• Group Attack – Exercises and games that improve small-group combination play with emphasis on fast break attacks.
• Tactical Awareness – through game literacy activities.
March 31 to June 23 (no session April 7)
$175 Inc training jersey
**The Development Academy is one day a week (Fridays) skill development program.**
Refunds subject to a $50 administration fee are provided up to March 30. No refunds are provided after March 30.