25th Annual Richmond Boys Thanksgiving Soccer Tournament – October 7 & 8, 2017
Welcome to the 2017 Richmond Boys Thanksgiving Tournament hosted by Richmond FC. Last year we hosted over 70 boys teams from across BC and look forward to another successful tournament this year. We will be hosting a U11/U12 Festival and U13-U18 Tournament. All games will be played on a variety or artificial turf and grass fields around Richmond. Games are Saturday & Sunday only, no Monday games.
Tournament is open to Gold (Div. 1), Silver (Div. 2) and Bronze/House (Div. 3/4 ) teams.
Tournament Discipline Chair: Bob Harrison
HOST HOTEL To be posted.
FIELD LOCATIONS Don’t know where your field is? Go to the below link and you will be redirected to the City of Richmond’s Sport Fields Locations. This is an excellent resource that provides street addresses, Google map link and field map to locate your field at site. Please note that all grass fields will show as closed as they are game only fields for the weekends.
CLICK HERE to go to field location site
RULES & REGISTRATION
To register, please read the rules and regulations below and then click on the registration link suitable to your age group at the bottom of this page.
2017 Richmond Thanksgiving Tournament Rules & Regulations
1. FIFA rules apply, except as modified by tournament rules. U13 Retreat Line Rule is in effect.
2. Only BC Soccer registered players and teams can take part in the tournament, this includes the Short-Term Event Player Permit. Tournament is open to GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE/HOUSE teams only (no BCSPL or METRO division). TEAMS MAY PICK UP PLAYERS FROM OTHER REGISTERED TEAMS OF THE SAME OR LOWER CALIBRE ONLY. ANYONE BREAKING THIS RULE IS LIABLE TO DISQUALIFICATION. TEAMS SHOULD BE OWN TEAM WITH MINIMUM ADDITIONS TO FIELD A TEAM. NO STACKED TOURNAMENT TEAMS. Please note that the tournament committee reserves the right to combine age groups and divisions if there is not sufficient entries.
3. Team lists (2 copies) must be provided at each game. ID cards required for U13-U18 Teams.
4. A player may only play for one team in the tournament.
5. All players must play at least half of every game.
6. Home teams wear alternates if required, and provide the game ball. In the finals, the 2nd place team is home.
7. Everyone likes tournaments to run to time. All games will start on time. There will be a maximum 5 minutes grace – any team without 7 players 5 minutes after scheduled time will default (score = 3-0), and/or may face further penalty.
8. All games will be: U11-U12: Two 25 minute halves U13 – U15: Two 30 minute halves U16 – U18: Two 35 minute halves. Where U15/U16 is combined games will be two 35 minute halves. All games maximum 5-minute half-time. There will usually be assistant referees for U16-U18 games. For all other games, each team provides a linesman to indicate only when the ball is out of play. These linesmen are NOT to signal offsides.
9. Final games (only), which are tied after regular time will go straight to FIFA penalty shots. 10. Report all scores as follows: BOYS – text to 778-834-7972 (Scores ARE NOT reported for U11 and U12)
11. U11/U12 Festival – all teams will play 4 games (2 Saturday and 2 Sunday) and all players receive a participation award. U13 and older teams play a competitive tournament. 1st and 2nd place teams receive medals.
12. Division format for U13-U18 is dependent on number of entries.
13. Points are allotted as follows:
win = 3 points
tie = 1 point
loss = 0 points.
If points are even, tie-breakers will be used in the following order (i.e., a. first, then b. if still tied, then c, then d): a. Head-to-head results b. Goal difference (goals for minus goals against, max. 3 per game) c. Least total goals conceded d. Coin toss
14. The Discipline Committee will review all discipline issues after each game. Red cards incur an automatic next game suspension, plus possible further penalty. Suspensions will be referred to a player’s home District in case suspensions carry over to league play.
15. Any protests need to be submitted within 15 minutes of game end, in writing, to the Hub desk. The Tournament Committee’s decision is final.
16. If the players, coaches or supporters of any team are found to have abused (including verbally)any referee or official, that team risks instant disqualification, as does any team causing an abandoned game, or involved in gross misconduct.
17. The Tournament Committee can clarify or amend rules as appropriate. Please ensure that you enter the correct division/level (see Tournament Rules regarding “pick-ups”). ID Cards will be required and the Tournament Committee reserves the right to move teams to a different division if they are deemed to entered in the wrong division. All entries will be verified.
Medals will be awarded to Winner and Runner-up in U13-U18 divisions. All U13-U18 teams are guaranteed 3 games, but tournament format is dependent on number of teams entered.
Tournament schedule will be posted and circulated one week in advance of tournament start date.
Tournament Fees (payable by credit card only)
Refunds are provided up to and including registration close date of September 24 subject to a $50 administration fee. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS ARE PROVIDED AFTER SEPTEMBER 24.
U11/U12 Festival Registration
U13-U15 Tournament Registration
U16-U18 Tournament Registration